NCCO exists to serve the specific needs of university and collegiate conductors, choral faculty, and music students. As written in our Constitution's second article, NCCO serves its stakeholders by, amongst other things:
- Fostering the discovery of new research and scholarship and presenting it through publication to the membership;
- Encouraging the creation of new compositions for collegiate choruses through ... publishing; and
- Advocating for the value of our profession and its members through ... publishing....
Our publications, therefore, range widely and include webinars, advocacy & pedagogy resources, choral music publications, and a scholarly journal.
- Archive: Series 1 (March/April 2020)
- Archive: Series 2 (August/September 2020)
- Further Seasons forthcoming...
- Position Paper: The Conductor as Scholar
- Subtitled 'National Guidelines for the Promotion and Tenure of Collegiate Choral Conductors'
- Prepared by the NCCO Committee on Promotion and Tenure, Dr. Bonnie Borshay Sneed, Chair (Southwestern Oklahoma State University)
- Released 2009
- Position Paper: Virtual Choirs in Higher Education
- Prepared by the Task Force for Ensembles in the Collegiate Curriculum, Joey M. Martin, Chair (Texas State University); Nicole Aldrich, Principle Author (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Released June 2020
- Research Report: Expanding Choral Pedagogy
- Prepared by the Task Force for Expanding Choral Pedagogy, Elise Hepworth, Chair (Missouri Western State Univ); Andy Clark (Harvard University)
The NCCO Choral Series
- The NCCO Choral Series presents outstanding choral works appropriate for college and university ensembles. The works are selected by a national panel, presented live at conferences, and published by ECS Publishing Group.
- Explore the Series on the ECS Publishing Group's site
The Choral Scholar & American Choral Review
- The Choral Scholar
- The Choral Scholar, a peer-reviewed journal, disseminates outstanding scholarship from various connected disciplines including conducting, musicology, theory, and pedagogy.