The National Collegiate Choral Organization exists to serve the specific needs of university and collegiate conductors, choral faculty, and music students by:
- Convening a biennial conference through which the NCCO membership has the opportunity to perform with their collegiate ensembles, to present on topics of interest to our community, and to provide professional development and assist in program growth and maintenance;
- Fostering the discovery of new research and scholarship and presenting it through publication to the membership;
- Encouraging the creation of new compositions for collegiate choruses through commissioning, master classes, and publishing;
- Mentoring NCCO student members as they work to become full members by offering programs to support their professional development;
- Advocating for the value of our profession and its members through collaborations with other professional organizations and by publishing guidelines on tenure and promotion for our members.